Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Anna's Presentation training in October 07








A refresher training was held for all Ruhi Book 6 tutors. This training was facilitated by our ABM, Tammy Goff. The tutors work really hard to ensure a wonderful study circle and help all of us in our initial acts of service.
The tutors learned the importance of Anna's presentation and the sequence of ideas presented in helping seekers as they discover the new Faith of God for this age. As we learn how to use Anna's presentation so we'll our growth occur in the Harris cluster.
For more trainings on Anna's presentation, please contact your cluster institute coordinators.


2 comments:

Susan Maneck said...

I find this troubling. When I did Book Six I thought the discussion revolving around Anna's presentation was good. We talked about what worked and what didn't. But I always took this presentation as an *example* of how to approach a seeker. Now it seems to have become a canned speech for everyone to do, which in my robs our teaching efforts of all sensitivity to the needs of our seekers. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Jensta said...

No, not at all.
I think the idea is that we look at Anna's presentation and then adapt it to make it our own presentation.
It's not that we use the exact words that she uses or even that in all circumstances that we talk about the Faith we use her way of doing it but rather we look at how one way of teaching can work.

Some people need a set piece of writing, others prefer more freedom.
I don't think the aim is to make anything too automoton.